Have a great summer! Don't forget about the summer reading requirements!
7-12th grade students will be given a lunch ticket with a bar code on it. It is THEIR responsibility to protect it and not lose it. If grades 7-12 forget the card at home, it is a $5 charge and if the card has to be replaced it is a $10 charge. Feel free to make copies of the card and put in safekeeping just in case they are needed. THE BAR CODE MUST BE READABLE ON THE COPY.
Bowling Green School is excited to announce the launch of a new online service* that will allow you to monitor your children’s lunchtime purchases, track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, make deposits directly into their meal accounts, and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Student debit account deposits can be made through ACH payments or
by credit card. Each child’s account will be updated continuously throughout the day.
In order to take advantage of this convenient new service, you will need to create a parent account. This requires you to:
1. Go to www.myschoolaccount.com
2. Scroll to "FOR PARENTS"; Click “Create Account”
3. Fill in the required information on the “Parent Account Sign-Up page.”
4. Create a User ID and Password.
5. Choose Bowling Green School from the “School District” drop down menu.
6. Click the “Accept” box, and then click NEXT. Review information for accuracy and then press FINISH.
An email will then be sent to your email address that will contain a “verification code.”
After you receive the “verification code” you may begin to add your children’s information. To do this, you will need to:
1. Go to www.myschoolaccount.com and login using your previously created user ID and password.
2. Enter the “verification code” to verify your account and email address.
3. Begin adding your children’s information according to the guidelines provided. [You will need each of your children’s student ID** numbers to add each student. See below**** ]
LEAVE THE CHECK MARK on "Send low balance notification for this student." This will allow you to receive an email when your child's account falls below the amount shown (defaults to $10.00).
4. After the students are added, you will be able to view the lunch account activity and make payments to the student lunch account. You may pay with an E-Check (ACH payment) or a Credit Card.
5. For each ACH payment, there will be a $2.00 transaction fee added to the total prior to payment completion. (If you have 2 or more students assigned to your account, you may make an ACH payment to each account and only be charged for one transaction. Example; 3 students, $10.00 payment to each student account, total charge would be $32.00.)
6. For each credit card payment, there will be a $4.00 transaction fee added to the total prior to the completion of the payment.
Note: A parent account can be linked to many children, but a child can only be linked to one parent. Students with zero or negative balances will not be permitted to buy/charge a school lunch this school year. Remember: students are always welcome to bring a lunch box from home! We urge you to take full advantage of this new online payment system by making deposits into your children’s lunch accounts on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. You are free to choose the amount of each deposit. Any money that is not spent by the end of the school year will be available the following school year. Be sure to register and make a payment to your student/s’ lunch accounts by August 5th, so students are ready to enjoy cafeteria breakfasts and lunches beginning on the first day of school! If you have any questions, please contact Paige Robertson at the school office 985-839-5317.
***Your Child's Id is a 7-digit “SIDNO” found on BGS report cards and at the top of your Student Progress Center account. (It is NOT their social security number!) If you do not have a report card or a Progress Center Account, you may drop by the office and pick up your student/s‘ 7-digit SIDNO/s. Please do not CALL the office to request.—we cannot give out that information over the telephone! Information about sign-up will also be available at Prep Day and Open House.